Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical experience, well versed with all eye diseases.
25407765

Yesterday I started to get the feeling that I had something

Hi, yesterday I started to get the feeling that I had something in my eye and when I looked at it I found something that looks like a blister on the inside of the bottom eyelid, there also appears like there might be something in it as there is a small black dot insided, today it is still a bit sore but not serious. I have taken picture of it and can provide them, I have not previously had any problems of this sort.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 2 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer

The blister like lesion on the inside of the lower eyelid is likely to be due to meibomian cyst( meibomian gland is a modified sebaceous gland present in the eyelid). This occurs when one of the ducts of this gland gets blocked ( a common occurrence). You can try giving warm compresses, for 10 minutes thrice a day for about 2 weeks. You can also use Refresh tears eye drops, 1 drop 4 times a day to reduce the soreness in the eyelid.

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.

Thank you and best wishes.

It was a pleasure to have answered this question.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist