DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

The ophthalmologist said I have curves in the nerve at

Customer Question

Hi. The ophthalmologist said I have curves in the nerve at the back of the left eye he made me do the field test twice I don't think I saw all the dots. I'm very forgetful but also noticed that when I stumble it's always to the left sometimes I look like I've been drinking and I don't drink. Are they connected or is it my age I'm 58 years old forgot to mention that the ophthalmologist is referring me to the hospital but what are they looking for. Thank you. Denise
Category: Eye
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Denise,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 2 years ago.
It is impossible to second guess your doctor.
However, The best educated guess given your information is that you are being referred for an MRI scan of the brain....to make sure there is no tumor causing the curve.
OK, so that is an initial answer….
Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.