Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical experience, well versed with all eye diseases.
25407765

There, i have red eye, more than 12days bnow.i have tried

Customer Question

Hi there, i have red eye, more than 12days bnow.i have tried drops from farmacy for red eyes, for 2days didnt help, then i went to see gp, she gave me some drops "tubilux, but my eye was swolen from them and more red, so i come back next day, she gave me another ones fusidic acid, i have startet taking them 4th which is 4 days now, but no big improvement, still red trough day, and its much more red evening.im trying to protect it from wind, and also not rubbing.i do not have any problems with vision or pain.Trough the day i even dont know that is red until i look in mirror.only evening when becomes more red is a little bit discomfort little itchy.it is only one eye.i do have pictures as well.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 2 years ago.
Hello,Thank you for the question.It is likely that you have viral conjunctivitis or allergic conjunctivitis. Viral infection tends to subsides naturally with or without treatment. However its duration would depend on the strain of the virus and can vary from few days to few weeks. As for allergic conjunctivitis , it can involve one or both eyes and the exact allergen would be very difficult to detect as it can be anything from dust to pollen in the air. You can use OTC available Alaway/Zaditor eye drops, 1 drop 2 times a day along with lubricating eye drops such as Thera tears, 1 drop 4 times a day. Avoid touching the eyes and wash your hands frequently. Use washed towels and handkerchiefs everyday. Majority of the times infections spread from hand to eye contact or through fomites ( towels and handkerchiefs).
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hi thanks for answer, are theese drops available in uk? can i just buy them in pharmacy with no prescription?

Yes, these are available in the pharmacy without prescription. Zaditor is available as Zaditen.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i had same issue about 10years ago, when i came to uk , i think i bought some drops in boots for alergy and they helped.all theese drops i have used now are for bacterial not allergy maybe thats why they dont work?

I had a look at the images you have sent. I guess Zaditen eye drops , 1 drop twice a day would help. Apart from anti histaminic action it also has anti inflammatory effect. You can use it for 3 weeks,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

so should i stop using fusidic acid (which i use for 5days now) and start zaditen? how quick should i see diferent week or less?

I don't see any use of an antibiotic here so it would be better to stop it . You should begin to notice some sort of improvement in the next 1 week.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

so when we talking about improvement with new drops you have mentioned it should be better in 7 days from starting taking them right?

sorry i do asking again just want to make sure

yes, after a week of using the eyedrops suggested above.
If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.
Thank you and best wishes.
It was a pleasure to have answered this question.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist