DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have some shadows on my outer eyes. I can only describe it

Customer Question

I have some shadows on my outer eyes. I can only describe it as if you press your eye on the opposite side you get an impression. It looks a little like this. I can see through the shadows. In addition to this I also have distortion in my right eye. The distortion looks like a macula problem. I have had most tests done. They have thoroughly looked at the macula but cannot find a problem. My visual fields are ok I do have an enlarged blind spot. They have taken pictures of the back of the eye and looked at the retina. All they keep saying is they cannot see what the problem is. I am so frustrated because I can see it. I have been being treated for Intracranial Pressure, but although my pressure was borderline high, they are not sure. So I wondered if you could think of anything else. I have papiledema but this could well be pseudopappiledema.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not sure anyone can answer me. Seems I am a medical wonder.
Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialties differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloI would suggest you be treated on the presumption of pseudotumor cerebri, and see if this helps.If it does, it probably will help confirm the diagnosis.The other consideration is ocular migraine, which would be a different treatment, in some cases, the same treatment.See this write up by mayo.http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/pseudotumor-cerebri/basics/treatment/con-20028792 OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.