Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I'm getting a real stinging sensation in the inner corner

Customer Question

Hi, i'm getting a real stinging sensation in the inner corner of both eyes for the last 10 days and seems to be worsening happens with and without pressure and all times of the day not just when tired although worse when tired. What can this be?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist. I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Environmental allergy related inflammation of the inner corner or tear duct is likely. Can be treated with over the counte Ketotifen eye drops for 10 days. If you notice redness and swelling of inner corner, then bacterial infection should be suspected and will require clinical evaluation. Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/