wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  I have over two decades of clinical experience and am also a retina specialist.
48069651

I have just developed symthoms of pressure, slight redness

Customer Question

Hi, I have just developed symthoms of pressure, slight redness and watering in one eye. No discharge. My GP said they could be symthoms of glaucoma, but said referral would take weeks and recommended going to optician to check it out. Should I just go to hospital now rather than waiting?
Category: Eye
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

If your GP thinks you might have glaucoma then you would be better off having things checked out sooner rather than later.

That being said, the issues you are having are not really a sign of glaucoma in the vast majority of cases......

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me the top rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

,