Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  and eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

Months I have has a circle of flashing light in my right

Customer Question

For many months I have has a circle of flashing light in my right eye, i can only see it in daylight or artificial light it happens when I move my eye. Looking at a computer The flash is a dart of light then the circle appears I can see through the circle, when I am driving and looking further away the circle is bigger, still flashes but not as bright. I am getting quite concerned as two visits to an optician as not given me an explanation. I am a female 63 years old and wears glasses for shortsighted and reading although I tend to read without my glasses. My prescription has changed in 12 months in the eye that I see the flash is this just a case of Pvd ?I have read that the flashes with this condition are seen in the dark, I don't see the flash in the dark. I would be grateful for any information you can provide. I said months it is approx. 8 months since I noticed the flash and it is there every day. Thank you for your time.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.

have you seen an opthalmologist?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have seen 2 opticians that have dilated my eyes but couldn't find a cause
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have you for an answer for me? Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have you got an answer for me yet