wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  I have over two decades of clinical experience and am also a retina specialist.
48069651

Spot on the retina, seen by optometrist and then referred by

Spot on the retina, seen by optometrist and then referred by GP to ophthalmologist
Outcome could be a 'freckle', doesn't think it's malignant. Photograph taken, return in a year to check for any changes.
Do you consider a year to wait for a review too long?
Category: Eye
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

I am a retina specialist.

If your general ophthalmologist believes you have a choroidal nevi (freckle), and took a picture of it, then followup in one year would be appropriate.
I do not believe you need to see a retina specialist or be examined earlier for this common problem.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS