wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  I have over two decades of clinical experience and am also a retina specialist.
48069651

I had a macular hole proceedure last year.Unfortunatly it

Customer Question

Hi. I had a macular hole proceedure last year.Unfortunatly it was unsuccessful with a second proceedure unlikely to be successful also. So the question is can i have a IOL AMD sugery on the NHS. I`ve been to the London Eye Hospital Pharma. They say the operation is good for me. The problem being is that i don`t have £7500 needed to pay for it.
Phil
Category: Eye
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

I am a retina specialist.

Yes. You can have cataract surgery with an IOL placement. I will improve your side vision and make things sharper and brighter.

Unfortunately, you will still have the central blind spot from your previous macular hole.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS