wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  I have over two decades of clinical experience and am also a retina specialist.
48069651

Two months ago I had a Basel cell removed from side of nose,

Customer Question

Two months ago I had a Basel cell removed from side of nose, consequently finishing up with a puffed up "black eye", The scaring healed very quickly and was soon released from their care but I still had a very sore eye which recently has become rather troublesome with stabbing pains going from the side of my head into the eye. last night these pains lasted all night so was unable to get any sleep, in fact these pains continue as I write, I've been taking pain killers without success. would appreciate any thought on this matter
Category: Eye
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 11 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.

Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

can you upload a picture?

How old are you?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry cant send photo or skype, I'm elderly at 84 but have always been fit (still play golf) hearing not too good so won't call.
I have never had migraines but can imagine now what it must feel like, when I had the Basel cell removed I was expecting a couple of stiches and finished up with 20, hence the swollen eye, this was done on May 26th, also recently had severe back ache and was prescribed Diazepam which I stopped taking because of side affects, was also given Co-codamol which I'm taking now to try and relieve these stabbing pains in my eye, do you recommend I carry on with the Co- codaol as I need something to take the present stabbing pain away, if you could recommend any other quick relief I would be grateful.
Regards. James Blandford

Thank you for that additional information.

It would be OK to continue with the Co-codaol. There really is no other quick relief available.

If the pain continues you should consult with your internal medicine MD

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you, My problem was quickly diagnosed on Monday morning as "Shingles" which thankfully is now being treated as the pain was intense over the weekend, should have gone to A&U but usually all day waiting at weekends, hopefully will now see some improvement being I'm halfway through course of Aciclovir tablets, also sent to Ophthalmology Dept.for further checks.
Regards *****

Sounds like you are getting excellent treatment. Also I am glad to hear that you are going to be examined by an ophthalmologist as shingles can get into your actual eyeball and, left untreated, cause a lot of problems.

I hope you feel better soon.