Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  and eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

About 15 years ago, I was diagnosed with 'Bird-shot' in both

Customer Question

About 15 years ago, I was diagnosed with 'Bird-shot' in both eyes. My right eye recovered to an acceptable level of sight. However, my left eye has only peripheral sight - I understand that the Bird-shot has damaged the macular of that eye. Is there any recent surgical progress which might enable my macular to be regenerated?
John Abra
Category: Eye
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

Birdshot retinochoroidopathy is an uncommon chronic posterior uveitis characterized by vitritis and multiple ovoid spots, which are orange to cream in color and hypopigmented

Cyclosporine has been shown to have a beneficial effect on birdshot retinochoroidopathy inflammation in retrospective case series

has your doctor talked to you about treatment such as with cyclosporine?