Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical experience, well versed with all eye diseases.
25407765

My eye lid facing downwards but with some improvement. I

Customer Question

My eye lid facing downwards but with some improvement. I bashed my eye in a car accident. Is this forecer
Category: Eye
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The eyelid wont go up but have sensation in face and eye lid there was surgery on my head
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm very anxious is it forever?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for the question.

Drooping of the upper eyelid is called Ptosis. The exact cause of ptosis in your case may not be definite as it could be neurological or muscular following the injury. If it is due to a neurological cause it might recover naturally over a period of few weeks to few months. However in case of persistent ptosis it is better to get the eye examined by an oculoplastic surgeon( an eye MD with additional qualifications to deal with surgery on the eyelid). After the eye exam he can decide the type of lid surgery required. In most cases surgery is beneficial .

I hope this information helps. I am sure there will be some form of treatment available to overcome your eyelid problem, so please don't worry.

Unfortunately I will not be able to help you with the phone call request as ISD calls are quite expensive.

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.

Thank you and best wishes.

It was a pleasure to have answered this question.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist