Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  and eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

Post cataract surgery on the 5th August which has had

Customer Question

Post cataract surgery on the 5th August which has had continual weeping of the eye since, I have now noticed I have a deterioration in vision.
I have not responded fully to antibacterial eye drops, steroids and artificial tears and whilst systemic Flucloxicilln was 90% successful, there was still a sore bit under the eyelid (centre). I'm still weeping and I am now getting dizzy occasionally and I noticed the deterioration in vision. My consultant simply things it is allergy hence the steroids but I haven't had any drops now for 3 weeks and I don't get allergies anyway. Also didn't get them when my other eye was done. Any idea as to what might be happening?
Category: Eye
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 12 months ago.

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

How long ago was your surgery?

Were there any complications or problems during the surgery or after?

What was your vision after surgery and what is it now?

Is your current eye exams being done by your cataract surgeon or an optometrist?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.