Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical experience, well versed with all eye diseases.
25407765

Had Lasek treatment on Friday 26th and was told there should

Had Lasek treatment on Friday 26th and was told there should be a 5 day recovery time before vision returns. I am getting worried as I have seen no improvement ! My eyes are still incredibly blurry both short and long sighted ! Is this something I should be worried about ? What is the average recovery time for functional vision!
The clinic seemed to think this is not an issue
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for the question. I am Dr.A.S.Desai, certified ophthalmologist and I look forward to answering this question.

I guess there is nothing to worry at the moment. Lasek can take longer for visual recovery. The corneal epithelial flap needs to get attached and might take longer than the usual 5 days. If the clinic has recorded a normal procedure then the recovery should be fine even though it might take a week or more for improvement.

I look forward to answering any further questions, if any.

Do rate this response positively if you find the answer useful and satisfactory.

Dr.A.S.Desai

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What would be the average visual recovery time ?Is there anything I could be doing to aid recovery other than the drops - I.e supplements etc ?

Thank you for the reply.

The usual time is about 5-7 days. owever it can take upto 1 month for vision to improve.

You just need to put the prescribed steroid eye drops regularly.

There is no need to take any additional supplements other than healthy balanced diet( lots of fresh fruits and vegetables).

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.