wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  I have over two decades of clinical experience and am also a retina specialist.
48069651

I can feel tears down my face but when I look in the at my

Customer Question

I can feel tears down my face but when I look in the at my reflection I don't see any. also I can't feel any on my face.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Eye
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 month ago.

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 month ago.

how old are you?

Male/Female?

Do you wear contacts?

Do you have this feeling anywhere else on your body?

Can any of your family or friends see the tears when you feel them?

How long has this been going on for?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
28
male
no
no just on face
they say no
no
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 29 days ago.

Hmmmmm..... this is very interesting.

I believe the best place for you to go is to consult with a neurologist. She will be able to test the nerves on your face and determine why you are feeling these ghost-tears.

The good news? This is unlikely to be anything serious, like a brain tumor etc, and will most likely resolve itself in time.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS