wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  I have over two decades of clinical experience and am also a retina specialist.
48069651

There is an eyelash in my 8 months old’s left eye since

Hi,There is an eyelash in my 8 months old’s left eye since yesterday. I didn’t want to touch it but it is still there. Should I try to remove it? Can it cause any infection or damage to the eye if it stays there any longer?
Category: Eye
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 22 days ago.

Hi. I'm Dr. Rick and I have two decades of ophthalmology and retina surgery experience. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 22 days ago.

An eyelash will not cause any damage to your child's eye.

Just leave it alone and it will work itself out in time.

If you just can't stand having it there, or if your child starts to act like his eye hurts, then have her seen by an ophthalmologist.

The eye doctor will easily be able to get the lash out while the baby sits on your lap at the slit lamp.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Thanks Dr. Rick.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 22 days ago.

My pleasure :)