How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34278
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Dear Sir/MadamI have been divorced for 5 years and I have

Customer Question

Dear Sir/Madam

I have been divorced for 5 years and I have a no limits access order due to military committments. I am a serving soldier with 22 years served and 2 more before discharge. My children are 18, 17 and 12 years old. My Ex wife since our divorce has been difficult in relation to my access, constantly controlling when I can see them despite my work committments. She insists on 7 days notice even though this is not possible due to change of duties, deployment and military activities. My youngest is due to see a Councellor on Monday (which my ex wife had originally asked me to take her to) however, she is again obstructing my parental responsibility by saying I am not welcome and told me not to come or contact her. This type of behaviour has been ongoing for years and I have now reached the end of my tether. I have changed my shift to allow me to be present at my daughters appointment and I want to attend. Please can you advise how I can progress this (even through legal channels) as I am no longer prepared to be dicated to and obstructed from my parental rights. Am I within my right to attend the appointment and if she calls the Police or makes some sort of scene, please can you advise how I manage the situation. If I conceal a dictaphone in my clothing may I record any conversation and would it be admissible in a court hearing as I feel that this may be my only option to pursue this route. Kind Regards Terry.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 4 years ago.


My name is Camille and I am the moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected, as the Professionals come online at varying times. I wonder whether you would like to continue waiting for an answer…hopefully it won’t take too much longer. Please let me know, and I will continue my search. If you’d prefer not to wait, please tell me, and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Camille - Moderator

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Camille


Please will you continue with finding someone who can assist?





Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 4 years ago.


Thank you ….hopefully it won’t take too much longer for me to find the right Professional for you! Please don't respond to this as it may prevent the Professionals from accessing your question. If you want to cancel, please let me know, and I will do that for you. Thank you for your continued patience.


Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.



I really need an answer by noon tomorrow as I am going to attend my daughters appointment.





Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
You are entitled to attend the appointment - but in fact ut will be up to your daughter whether either of her parents are allowed into the session with her - although the counsellor will no doubt wish to speak to you both.
If your ex creates a scene simply wait outside and speak to the counsellor at the end of the session.
Do not use a dictaphone - the fact that you have done so will in fact influence a court in a negative way.
I am afraid that a court is unlikely to think that a request for 7 days notice of contact is unreasonable notwithstanding your military commitments.