13262538

my solicitor that dealt with my divorce got a court so my address

Customer Question

my solicitor that dealt with my divorce got a court so my address would never be disclosed to my ex husband as he had a tendency to be violent. This address has been kept from him for 3 years until today when my ex husband has received paperwork from the solicitors regarding the sale of the matrimonal home and they have disclosed my address on the paperwork couldyou tell me what i can do please
Have the solicitors acknowledged their fault?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I havent spoken to them yet as i received the letter last night after there offices had closed i just want to know what i can do

Is it the same firm that dealt with your divorce and do you believe that you are now at risk?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes it is the same solicitor that dealt with my divorce. I do feel at risk. I have just spoken to them and said tough luck really in so many words.

In so far as they cannot put their mistake right and NOT have sent the details there is a limit to what can be done.
HOWEVER you can and must make a formal written complaint and point out that at the very least if there is a problem you will expect them to deal with any court application for a Non Molestation Order for free.
Claire