Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

hi i need some advice please,i lived with my ex partner for

Customer Question

hi i need some advice please,i lived with my ex partner for 13 years but although i paid half the mortgage every month i was only on the mortgage for 8 years,i would like to know where i stand legally with regards XXXXX XXXXX bought out of the mortgage, i also would like advice with regards XXXXX XXXXX that i left for her as she went part time because of childcare but 6 months later she has returned back to full time employment,this is not what we agreed (although this was a verbal agreement) ,also i wish to get my grandmothers inheritence money back that also went into the house can i take out a civil case to get this money back?
many thanks for your time
XXXXX XXXXX
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Claire, I will do whatever I can to answer your question
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Did you protect your investment in any way?
How old is the child?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi claire

the house i would say is worth around £280-290,000 and there is roughly £205,000 outstanding on the mortgage

i am sorry but i forgot to say the house is in my ex partners name

my children are aged 9 and 11

How much did you invest in the property?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hi

from day one everything went into a joint account to pay the mortgage,bills etc ,i recieved a inheritence of £15,000 that went towards the house,i also left in the account £35,000 which i recieved from a heart attack.

Although i was paying half the mortgage i was only put on the mortgege 8/9 years ago

hope this helps

paul

Sorry I am confused - is the property held in joint names or not - and if not what do you mean when you say your name was put on the mortgage?
Claire