13262538

Hi, I have just found out the biological father of my son.

Customer Question

I have just found out the biological father of my son. i have been trying since he was born to take a dna test as he did not want to commit to being his father. This has taken three years to get him to do a test. he still does not want to be involved in my sons life as he has his own family and children now. i would like to claim child support if possible but if he is paying what rights does that give him to my son?
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Claire, I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
Is the father living in the UK?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes he is.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes he is.

You are fully entitled to apply to the CSA for an assessment whenever you wish.
Whether he is paying maintenance or not he is entitled to apply for contact with the child if he so wishes
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

so if he did apply to the court for access is it likely he would get it even though he hasnt wanted to be part of his life and the fact that he is 3 now and never met him? would the court see it as a benefit to my son?

Unless there is a good reason why contact could not be safely arranged then yes it is likely that some form of limited contact would be ordered
Claire