13262538

my 9 yr old son disclosed my partner had hit him, my partner

Customer Question

my 9 yr old son disclosed my partner had hit him, my partner has been cautioned after interview of child and me and him. social services advise me not to let him back although the children want him back and believe with help we can fix this. if i go against their advice what will happen if he moves back as it is xmas
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Claire, I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
If he moves back and Social Services believe that the children are at risk then you could face Emergency Care Proceedings and the childcare being removed from your care.
You need to find out how seriously the Social Services view the incident.
It would be wiser to have a delayed return after your partner has done an Anger Management course or whatever else Social Services recommend
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

for the xmas period though if i can show that he will never be left alone with children as their are 2 adults here would that be sufficient safeguarding? he is disabled and this will make him homeless

What is his disability how old are the children and how long have you all lived together?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

he is dibetic and physically disabled and partially sighted because of this children are 16,9,8 he lived here 6 years

Which other adult lives with you?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

my brother is staying

Have you discussed it with social services?
Claire