13262538

Hi i have a harrasment order against my ex partener, he has

Customer Question

Hi i have a harrasment order against my ex partener, he has lived with me for 6 years but has never been on my mortgage any utility bills and we have never had a joint account, he owes me money and i have emails stating this and i had some of his belongings he was giving me money he owed and i was giving him his belongings, this was amicable untill now and he has got a soliciter involved, firstly he wanted his clothes which i agreed to give then he wanted items belonging to me and gifts he gave me, i told him no so he changed his mind and decided he wanted part of my home which is in negative equity of about £20,000, is there an injunction i can take out on him to stop this harrasment and just get back to his personal belongings which is all he is entitled too.
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Claire, I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
I am afraid that however misguided he is entitled to try and argue that he has a claim on the property and there is no order that you can get to prevent him from doing so
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Can he claim my property even though it is in negative equity?

There is no point in doing so!
In any event what financial or physical contribution did he make to any improvements or alterations/
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Just a new porch.

How much is the property worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The property is worth £133.000 and the mortgage is about £155,000 i have been paying interest only mortgage so nothing really has been paid off

How much did the porch cost?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

About £1000 i think

If there was any equity in the house then he would have had a claim for the amount in question - but since there is no equity there is no claim that he can pursue
Claire