13262538

have just found out my son is not my ex husbands child and

Customer Question

have just found out my son is not my ex husbands child and have stopped access. we are taking a court approved dna test to confirm this as he does not believe me. he says i am going against the access agreement as i signed divorce papers saying he could have him on certain days etc. does this still apply due to now not his son. also if he took me to court for access will he get it?
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Claire, I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
How old is the child and why do you think he is not your husband's?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

my son is 3 years old and i did a dna test with the other potential father and the reult was positive, therefore making my ex husband not my sons father.

It woudl be very unwise to stop the regular contact at this stage - very disruptive for the child and unlikely to be viewed favourably by the court.
I am afraid that if your husband decides that he still wishes to be involved with the child it is very likely that the Court will indeed grant him contact despite the fact that he is not the biological father
Claire