Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 9 YEARS WITH 3 KIDS 11, 10 AND 7 YEARS.

Customer Question

I HAVE BEEN MARRIED FOR 9 YEARS WITH 3 KIDS 11, 10 AND 7 YEARS. MY HUSBAND HAS BEEN ABUSIVE IN EVERY WAY, SOME I HAVE REPORTED TO THE POLICE. THE MORTGAGE IS ON HIS NAME ONLY. HE WOULD SEXUALLY HARASSED ME IN THE PRESENCE OF OUR KIDS AND TELL ME THAT AS LONG AS WE ARE MARRIED HE HAS THE RIGHT TO DO WHATEVER HE WANTS WITH ME. HE WOULD GO OUT WITH HIS GIRLFRIEND FOR DAYS AND WHEN I REFUSE TO HAVE SEX WITH HIM HE WOULD FORCE ME AND SAY THAT I AM HIS WIFE AND IS OBLIGE TO GIVE IT TO HIM WHEN HE WANTS. NOW THE SOCIAL WORKER IS INVOLVED AND THINK THAT THE LEVEL OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE IS PUTTING THE KIDS AT RISK AND THAT I SHOULD BE REHOUSED. MY HUSBAND IS CONSTANTLY TELLING ME TO LEAVE THE HOUSE FOR HIM TO BRING HIS NEW GIRLFRIEND TO LEAVE WITH HIM. SHOULD THE KIDS AND I LEAVE THE HOUSE AND LET HIM CONTINUE WITH HIS GIRLFRIEND?
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Claire, I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Claire