James Mather
James Mather,
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

My uncle has died. He live with a lady, the bungalow was in

Customer Question

My uncle has died. He live with a lady, the bungalow was in both names. The lady is still alive but living in a residential home. As far as I am aware, there is no will. I am entitled to any of the assets?

GM Jones
Expert:  James Mather replied 5 years ago.
Are you the only blood relative?
To your knowledge did he have any assets in his sole name?
Who has registered his death?
Claire
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I am not sure if there are any assets in his sole name, but presumably he would have had at least one bank açcount in his name because he had three pensions, one from Australia, an army pension and a Brtish state pension. From the land registry we have found the bungalow was in both names.

His partner's son is most likely to have registered his death.

There is another cousin who is a blood relation.

GMJ

Can you please look at the land Registry documents and tell me if, in section B, the Proprietorship Register there is a restriction which says words to the effect of "no disposition by a sole proprietor out of which capital money arises is to be registered etc etc" or anywhere else in the title deed?

So the only two living blood relatives are the two nephews/nieces?

What other assets are there?