13262538

Hi, I own my own

Customer Question

Hi, I own my own home and my ex-partner wants to take the furniture he bought in lieu of rent. Where do I stand? He has custody of our child and I want her back.Are you UK? Thanks

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Claire, I will do whatever I can to answer your question,
How old is the child and why does he have her in his care?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi, my daughter is 3. We had a row, he hit me and was arrested. He asked to have her overnight at his parents and I agreed. That was 6 weeks ago and he has kept her. I did have a drink problem which is now sorted.
How and when was is sorted and how often have you seen the child in the last six weeks?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Im see her twice a week. Not getting any help from social services etc though.

How was your drinking problem sorted - did you get outside assistance?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'm currently under the DAT, and my GP. all pretty much sorted now.

What is your housing situation?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have my own home (mortgaged).
You are going to have to try and discuss the Residence arrangements with your ex using Family Mediation (www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk)
If that fails you will need to apply to the court for a defined residence order and it will be for the court to decide who the child should live with
So far as the furniture is concerned I am afraid that if he purchased it it belongs to him unless there is a written agreement that he was giving you the furniture in lieu of rent
Claire