13262538

I am married and have a jilted girlfriend who is threateneing

Customer Question

I am married and have a jilted girlfriend who is threateneing me with libel (yes silly) and to tell my wife. She keeps calling and texting me. Can I protect myself under the law
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Claire, I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
Have you notified the police of this harassment?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No but my ex wants to have a telephone conference at 9,30 on the morning.

She says that she will agree not to contact me but what she wants me to agree us likely to include:

1. Not leaving my wife
2. Not going on internet dating sites which I is funny as this us hiw I met her!!
3. Giving up my new girlfriend

I don't see this type of verbal agreement being legally valid particularly as it is under duress. Can I have your views on this?

Why are you even discussing this with her?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Because my wife's mother is likely to die in the next few days and she is threatening to contact her tomorrow.
I am afraid that there is nothing you can do to prevent this person telling your wife about your relationship.
You can however stop this person harassing you by reporting her behaviour to the police who will warn her not to contact you of your family further
Claire