13262538

This is an inheritance question. I have two boys by my deceased

Customer Question

This is an inheritance question.
I have two boys by my deceased partner and their great uncle (on my partner's side of the family) has just died leaving no will.
He did not marry so his surviving relatives are a nephew(my partner's brother), his three children and his great nephews(mine and my partners two sons). Who will inherit the great uncle's estate.
Expert:  UK-Justice replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate my answer SMILEY FACE OR ABOVE so that I am credited for my time.

It can be complicated.

There is a flowchart here which you can use:

http://www.tollers.co.uk/system/docs/178/original/Rules%20of%20Intestacy%20Flowchart.pdf

I hope this helps.

Please remember to click *** OK SERVICE *** or above so that I am credited for my time. The question does not close and you can ask follow ups.

Important: If you feel the need to rate as one of the lower two scores, it counts as negative feedback so please reply to me via the REPLY with any further questions you may have. I will be happy to assist you further.

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Claire, I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
If the deceased had only one sibling (your children's grandparent) then his estate will be shared between that siblings descendents.
The estate will be split in two - half going to your late partners brother and half being divided equally between your children
Claire