13262538

Is it possible to get an injunction to prevent someone telling

Customer Question

Is it possible to get an injunction to prevent someone telling someone else certain information?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Certainly.

Over a year ago, my wife and I found out through a court orderd dna test that i was not the father of our 2 children.

They are aware, and now know who their biological father is - they do not like him or want anything to do with him!

However, he is seeing them every month, but is threatening to tell my parents the truth...Neither myself, my wife or the children want this at present, and this is what we want to try and stop him doing

hope that clarifies...

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

On what basis is he threatening this?

Is he demanding things?

I need to know the background to the threat and why he is doing this.

you say that he is seeing them , but they don't want anything to do with him ., please explain. How old are they?

please bear with me this weekend because I will be online and off-line

The only way that this could be prevented using Court Action would be if there was ongoing Children Act Proceedings within which you could ask the court to make a Prohibited Steps Order.
I would have to say however that there is no guarantee that the court would agree to make such an order as they may well feel that it is in the best interests of the children that they do not have to keep this secret from their grandparents
Claire