13262538

Hi, I am concerned that my ex has been using emotional blackmail

Customer Question

I am concerned that my ex has been using emotional blackmail with our daughter over the last few months (she is 6) in that he tells her how much he misses her, how much he would like her to stay more and how he cries when she is not there. She is now starting to say words such as it is not "fair" that she is with me 5 nights out of 7 and how she doesn't see Daddy much (she has more quality time with him in the week than me as I work full-time). He is dictating that he is going to have her stay with him an extra night and there is nothing I can do about it. He also keeps telling me it is what our daughter wants as well. I have never spoken to our daughter about it and feel that he is influencing her in a negative way, should I tell her anything now as she is only getting one side of the story? I am not into using emotional blackmail and don't obviously want to play any mind games so any advice on this tricky issue would be really appreciated as I really want to maintain our current arrangement where she only stays with my ex 2 nights a week. Thanks
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Claire, I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
All of these are really linked to your first question - and it would be better (and cheaper) if you kept them to the one thread!
Claire