13262538

Hi I seperated from my husband of 2 years last september, we

Customer Question

Hi I seperated from my husband of 2 years last september, we lived together for 3 years. The house was all in my husbands name and he earned £46.000 per year with me earning £10.000per year, I contributed to mortgage and household necessaties, what would I be entitled to, If anything? i am staying with my mum in her 1 bedroom flat with no exra funds to put a deposit on a new place, my husband gave me the car which  sold to but a cheaper running car for £2.400 and he has given me £500 to pay off my over-daft. yet my husband lives in our home. thanks, Sarah

Expert:  Stuart J replied 4 years ago.

So were you together for 5 years total?

Children?

Can we have full background please?

Please bear with me this evening as I will be on and offline. Thanks

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Claire, I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Are there any other assets and debts
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi thankyou for responding.

We were together 3 years in total, married for 2 years out of the 3.

We have no children together,

The house has been valued at £145.000 and there is still £80.000 left to pay off on the mortgage.

There are no other assets and my husband has no debts and has savings of £10.000,

by background do you mean break down of marriage?

we argued a lot, My husband told me he would have children with me then changed his mind, but we had a rocky marriage.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
A three year relationship is short - but not so short that you walk away with nothing.
You will certainly be entitled to a sufficient lump sum in order to rent a property if you so wish - a settlement in the region of 10 to 15 % of the equity is possible
Claire