13262538

I own my property outright and partner wishes to move in.

Customer Question

I own my property outright and partner wishes to move in. If we were to separate would he have any legal right to my house. I intend to convert part of it for holiday letting, so it will be an income source as well, eventually it is my wish that my children should inherit.
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Claire, I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
Will he be making any financial contribution to the property - or doing any of the alterations/improvements?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No - Unless you count maintaining the garden

Provided he makes no financial contribution to the property and you do not get married he will have no financial claim on you if you separate.
However if you die and make no provision for him within your Will then he could have a claim on your estate
Claire