13262538

How do you stop a partner wanting to be domineering, and trying

Customer Question

How do you stop a partner wanting to be domineering, and trying to keep you together, even though I want to divorce. He is trying to keep me with him for his own benefits, because he says he still loves me
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Claire, I will do whatever I can to answer your questions
Any reason why you should not start Divorce Proceedings anyway?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We own a house in France, that we have fallen behind paying for, and his excuse is that he is basically using it at an excuse because he wants me to sort that and everything else out which has gone on since we got married. He just goes to work and comes home again, does not take any responsibility for anything and when anything goes wrong it is my fault. (Sorry go to go on). He plays psychological warfare non-stop, but I don't know how you can prove that and I have not got the confidence to carry anything through when I go to a Solicitor. He pays for nothing and earns four times what I do. I could go on for ever. This is just a sample of how he goes on; he is horrible to our son and treats him like dirt too, and wonders why he has nothing to do with him, and wonders why I hate him.

I understand that he bullies you - but is there a reason why you do not feel you can just go ahead and star?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Because he wants to sort the French house out and wants me to help, but why should I, he wants the place, and he wants me to pay for it and pay for everything else, I need the confidence to go ahead and start things without stopping. I got as far as going ahead with divorce proceedings, and the divorce petition is at the court, and then he goes on saying how much he lives me and wouldn't have got a house in France if he thought it would end in divorce. He is playing games with me and I don't have support from anywhere to carry things through, I do not want to stay with someone who uses psychological warfare all the time and then denies he has done anything. I am not perfect either, but why should I stay miserable so he can stay happy. He won't listen to anything and is the same with our son, and everything always ends up being made out to be our fault.

Are you looking for legal or relationship advice?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
If I was looking for family thermal wiuld not be wasting my time contacting you or perhaps I am
I can give you legal advice - but am not sure that is what you are asking about?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No you haven't
Sorry what I was asking is do you want legal advice?
The legal advice is straightforward - you have ample grounds for a divorce so issue the Divorce Petition as soon as possible and start the process of ending this marriage.
He is bullying you and making you and your son unhappy so there is no reason for delay.
The French house and what should happen to it can be dealt with within the financial side of the Divorce Proceedings and if he is the one earning the money it is for HIM to sort the debts out and not you.
You are entitled to happiness for you and your son.
You can find a specialist solicitor on the web site
www.resolution.org.uk if you are not happy with the solicitor you have used until now
Claire