Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I applied for my wifes allowance as a dependent,

Customer Question

I applied for my wife's allowance as a dependent, In the first instance Pension dept. was reluctant to reply me in writing, after insistance they gave a reply on 29th July 2009, my reference no. is YK955666D. "I can confirm that our records shows that your marriage to Mrs XXXXX on 10 Jan.2002, which although valid under the religion and the law of the country it was conducted in, is not valid for Social Security purposes. This is because you were at that time married to Mrs XXXXX and did not divorce until 4 May 2006. At the time of your second marriage you were already married." After that I applied on an application form on 24 Nov. 2012, and reminded again on 7th Jan 2013, but so far no reply from the Pension Dept. Please advise how I can get my wife's living allowance as my dependent. Thanks My Email address is:[email protected] Appreciate your reply.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.
Can we have full background please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was divorced in uk on 4th May 2006, but i got married in Pakistan with my present wife Mrs. XXXX XXXX XXXX on 10th Jan 2002. My wife entered uk to join me on a settlement visa on 26th Sept 2006. I was already getting state pension ref. no YK955666D, upon my wife's arrival i applied for her as a dependent to get her allowance. The pension dept refused my application and were very reluctant to reply me in writing. After insistance they replied on 29th July 2009, and i copy there reply.
"I can confirm that our records show that your marriage to Mrs XXXX XXXX XXXX on 10 Jan 2002, which although valid under the religion and the law of the country it conducted in, is not valid for cial security purposes.
This is because you were at that time married to Mrs XXXX XXXX and did not divorce until 4 May 2006. At the time of your second marriage you were already married."
After some time i applied again on 24 Nov 2012, and sent them a reminder on 7 Jan 2013, but so far i have not received any reply.
Would u please advise what should i do to get pension credit or a pension as my dependent?

Thanks,

XXXX XXXX XXXX

Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.

This is not my area. I will opt out for another expert

Expert:  WendyW-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I am a moderator for this topic. It seems the Professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

Wendy

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your consideration, please take your time and reply. I am not in a hurry.

Regards,

M. Rana

Thank you for your patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.

Regards,

Wendy
Have you gone through a further marriage ceremony to regularise the position?
Claire