13262538

my partner re-mortgaged 18 months ago and his ex wife was removed

Customer Question

my partner re-mortgaged 18 months ago and his ex wife was removed with her consent from the mortgage and deeds does she have any legal claim to the property
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your question
Has there been a final financial order within the Divorce Proceedings?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes there was a financial order with the divorce and the divorce was finalised on the 17 jan 2013

Was the Transfer of the property part of the court order - and was it a Clean Break Order?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the house was re-mortgaged before the devorce was put into the courts and the financial court order was only for the children for maintanance and the house wasn't braught into it.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the court order was only for the children mantainance etc the house wasn't braught into it at all as they decided to sort it between themselfs

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it was a clean break order

So it has the words in that say neither of them will have any further claim on the assets of the other?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes that's correct

Then she has no further claim on his property at all - and that includes the matrimonial home
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you very very much for your help it is much apriciated

You are most welcome
Claire