13262538

i have just found out i am pregnant my partner left me 2 weeks

Customer Question

i have just found out i am pregnant my partner left me 2 weeks ago he knows about the baby but wants nothing to do with it but he says he has a legal right to know if i am keeping the baby or have a abortion is this correct.
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your question
In fact he has no rights whatsoever unless or until the child is born.
The choice is yours and you do not have to tell him what decision you make
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for the answer it feels like he is trying to push me into something telling him as he said he had a right to know

He has no legal right to know at all - but given that if you have the baby then he will be financially responsible for maintenance it would be polite to give him warning!
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

He wants to tell his ex that im pregnant as he might be getting back with her as he has two kids with her and another one which he pays for but has nothing to do with can he tell her.

You cannot sop him from telling her anything - but you do not have to tell him anything either
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

He came round last night demanding to know what i was doing and when i didnt tell him he grabbed me by the throat and pushed me against the wall what should i do.

Report the matter to the police immediately - this is not acceptable behaviour
Claire