13262538

My son has a contact order for his son, end of every month

Customer Question

My son has a contact order for his son, end of every month 6pm Friday to 6 pm Sunday. His ex partner text me two weeks ago to say she had seen a solicitor and my son could no longer have access to his son ! She said that he was unreliable and she was worried that he was going to abduct him and that she did not want to risk losing her son. My son lives in Oxford and travels to Preston every week. She sometimes lets him have the baby if she is the right mood on other occasions . My son has not received a letter from any solicitor and he contacted her last week to find out the whereabouts of the letter which turns out that there is no letter at all, that she lied! She has now changed her number and says that my son cannot see him until he is old enough to make up his own mind.

As you can imagine it has been very stressful for all the family? Myself as grandma I have no access, I was seeing him on a regular basis and now I have nothing because I would not take sides with her against my son. This girl has emotionally blackmailed me with the baby and tried to turn me against my own son on several occasions. I Have said that this time I don't agree with what she is doing its cruel and selfish to denie my son of his rights to see his son.

Could you please give me any advice Judith
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your question
How old is the child and when was the Order made?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Claire, the child is 2 and the order was made 2011 not quite sure of the dates.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Claire, My grandson is 2 and the order was put in place August 2011

When is the next contact due?
Has one actually already been missed?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Claire, Yes the end of January was missed which is one of many !! Every time she gets into a bad mood with my son or if he says or does anything she disagrees with this is what happens. My son contacted her to say he would be late because he had started a new job. The next contact date should be end of February

How many has she stopped in the last three months?
(Court ordered ones that is)
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Claire, every month she will try something and some of the time she will let him have him the following week I would say 3 times at least.

Just to check he has him once a month and she usually changes the date on a whim?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Claire, Yes she does, she will say he can't have him then she changes her mind, sometimes she says he can have him the following week. I have tried to be peace maker and a go between, but she is now emotionally blackmailing me with the baby and trying to turn me against my own son, so i can no longer see him either.

There are two steps that your son needs to take.
The first is to apply to the Court to enforce the Order that already exists - this is done on a form C79 available on the website here
http://www.thecustodyminefield.com/mobile/FamilyLawMenu.html
This will mean that his ex will have to stick to the order or face either paying him money to refund his travel fees; community service or even prison.
At the same time it is time to apply to increase the contact (assuming that he wishes to do so) this is done using a Form C100
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Claire, thank you very much. I will pass the information on to my son. I as grandparent would like to sort my contact out with him but that will be another minefield.

You are most welcome I hope all goes well
Claire