13262538

I left my wife 6 months ago as our marriage become stale to

Customer Question

I left my wife 6 months ago as our marriage become stale to me. I worked all hours, paid the morgage, bills, done all the shopping, more and less everything. she become lazy and I had enough. I want a divorce as quick as i can but she says I cant for 2 years.
What can I do to move this on quicker.

Many Thanks
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your question
The only immediate grounds for divorce are that your ex has committed adultery (hard to prove unless your ex is willing to admit to it) or Unreasonable Behaviour.
The process is described here
https://www.gov.uk/divorce/overview
It is easy to prepare a Petition based on Unreasonable Behaviour - and very hard for your ex to defend
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Claire

Thank you for your help how do I go about unreasonable Behaviour.

Also she says she has not got to sell the house and she is entitled to half my business which is not a great one and i also have to keep her in the lifestyle she is used to which is a lazy one. she is now saying that she will say i controlled and mentally abused her over the years in which she got depression. This is not true one bit her depression was down to her fathers death 7 years ago and im sure doctors files will prove this.

How long did you live together and are there any children involved?
how much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Claire we was married for 17 ys have a daughter of 18ys
House is worth £230.000 and owe £130.000 morgage, but have debts on the house of approx £40.000
Many Thanks
How much is your business worth and what income do you each have?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Claire
My business is only a one man band business which has been hit by the recession quiet hard, it's slowly building up again but don't know or think its worth much. My income on average is approx £20.000 a year
Her income is non existent
What is her medical condition?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Claire
She suffers from mild depression and anxiety
But claims she don't anymore
OK - just to check to you have a private pension?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Claire
No pensions and no savings

You can start a petition based on her Unreasonable Behaviour - not doing housework, lack of financial contribution etc - and the process is described on the website I gave you
Your ex is wrong - there is no reason not to sell the house - and if you are in effect all there is of the business then it has no value as such.
You may have a small liability for spouse maintenance - but not for much or for long
Claire