13262538

I have just had a letter from CSA saying I am the father from

Customer Question

I have just had a letter from CSA saying I am the father from a child born 15 years ago that i know nothing about and have never seen. If it is proven i am the father which i could be would i have to pay 15 years worth of back payments or would it start from today ?
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is Claire, I will do whatever I can to answer your question
If this is the first time that you have heard from the CSA then you must take the opportunity to have a DNA test done - there is a very short time window for this that does not come again!
If the mother as not previously applied to the CSA then the maintenance can only be backdated to the time of the application!
Claire