13262538

what right does grandparents have to see their grandchildr

Customer Question

what right does grandparents have to see their grandchildren
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your question
How old are the grand children and what contact have you had in the past?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

she is only 2 months old but for the second month the mother has taken her to live in northampton and i just wanted to know how often i could see her as the mum in the near future will move to ireland, this will be without the dad.

What contact does your son have with the child?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

everyday untill she went to northampton,

What arrangements have been made for contact with your son now that the child has moved away?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Nothing yet as she finished it with him while she was up there saying she wants to be just friends, he had no idea this would happen.

Grand parents have no automatic right to even apply for contact - although the court will consider such application where it is in the best interest of the child to maintain an existing close relationship
In a case such as this grandparents are expected to share the contact applied for and obtained by the father
Claire