Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor. Partner in own firm.
31090051

My boy friend has taken my dog which he bought for me and he

Customer Question

My boy friend has taken my dog which he bought for me and he will not return it
I have cared my dog as the primary carer for 18 mnths as my boyfriend did not live with me
The bill of sale is in his name.I am devastated what can I do
Expert:  JGM replied 4 years ago.

You should have more than enough evidence that the dog was a gift from him to you. See a solicitor with a view to raising court proceedings for delivery of the dog back to you. Get the lawyer to write in the first instance emphasising that the costs of such an action will be high and he will have to pay them. That might bring him to his senses.

However, see a solicitor immediately as the passage of time will prejudice your claim.

I hope this helps. Please leave a positive response so that I am credited for my time.