13262538

Can my ex partner who remains to reside in a property which

Customer Question

Can my ex partner who remains to reside in a property which we jointly own (tenants in common) move his new partner into the house without consultation and agreement from me?
No children involved.
We weren't married.
We are trying to come to a financial agreement through a solicitor for him to remove me from the deeds and mortgage however this is still ongoing.
Thanks for your question my name is Claire,
When did you move out?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
3 years ago
What is the problem with regard to a settlement?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
At this stage he hasn't offered an acceptable amount for my share. Negotiations are still ongoing.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage
( I am trying to look at all your options here)
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
House is valued at 95, 25 outstanding. He offered 6.... So still in negotiation. He remained in the house and kept all the furnishings.
Your ex is entitled to invite whoever he wishes into the house whilst you are not there.
If you return to the property then whenever he is not there you can insist that his partner leaves
This is clearly not a practical solution - it may be worth instead simply making an immediate application to the court for the sale of the property and the division of the equity between you
Claire