Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

Hi there, My dad just passed away, and is survived by his

Customer Question

Hi there,
My dad just passed away, and is survived by his wife and two daughters from his second marriage. Im the eldest from his first marriage am i entitled to part of his estate?, My mother his first wife is still alive.
Expert:  Kasare replied 4 years ago.
Hi thanks for your question I will assist you with this.

Whether you are entitled to a share of his estate depends on whether he left a will or not. If he died intestate then his wife and all his children are entitled to inherit under the rules of intestacy. If he left a valid will then the terms of the will apply.

If you have any further questions on this please do not hesitate to ask.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

im trying to find out if he left a will either valid or not but his wife is not forthcoming with the information. Ihave apllied to the courts to see if a will has been logged

Expert:  Kasare replied 4 years ago.
Hi thanks for rating my answer and coming back to me.

You can perform a search of the probate register. This link will provide more information to assist if you - http://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/probate/standing-searches.

I'm on my tablet at the moment but if you need anything further ask and I will come back to you tomorrow.