13262538

Hello My son and his brother are separated one lives with

Customer Question

My son and his brother are separated one lives with his dad and my son lives with me due to their mother dying. The brothers were seeing each other every wednesday and sunday however the grandparents have been poisoning my sonsIwant to stop them going to the grandparents. The grandmother is threatening to contact child services saying it is abuse. I have contacted th other fatherto arrange contact legally where do I stand.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 3 years ago.

Can you please explain whose is whose child as I am not quite sure.

What is the allegation of abuse? Abuse by who? How much contact does the threatening grandparent have?

Whose parent are they?

Where do the boys see each other and are their grandparents your refer to their mother's parents?
Is it at their house that the children see each other?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the boys see each other at the deceased mothers grandparents house. They see my son and his brother to a different father on those two days. The grandmother has threatened t contact child services as we are stopping my son from seeing his brother saying it is neglect

How old are the children and exactly why have you stopped the contact?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we havent stopped the contact yet my son is nearly 3 and his brother is six They (the grandmother) is saying they want more contact between the brothers and wants my son to sleep there howeverthey go away on holidays quite frequently and the boys dont see each other for weeks at a time but because we stopped him going for a week they are treatening me. Last time he went up there he came back and was reallynaughty and unsettled saying I' dont live here I Want to live with nanny (the materal grandmother) I could understand if he was older but I believe they have been saying these things to him

What does the other father think?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the other father was happy with the arrangement of 2 days a week

Could you move one of the contacts elsewhere if need be?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ive offered to have my sons brother at my house

For clarity do you wish to stop contact with the maternal grandparents altogether - and how long is it since the children lived together?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the children ahvent lived together for almost a year and to cut down the contact with the maternal grandparents to maybe one day a week

Since in fact you are clearly working hard at ensuring that the children see each other; and you are also proposing that your son hey has regular contact with his maternal grandparents
On that basis you have little to fear from either Social Services OR the Courts.
I would suggest that you try and discuss matters with the grandparents using Family Mediation (www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk) to help them understand that it is the needs of the children for stability and security that has priority - not their wish to see more of their grandchildren
Claire