Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I have been separated for 5 years now, and have two sons

Customer Question

I have been separated for 5 years now, and have two sons aged 15 and 17 who live with my wife, I see them on average once a week but they do not stay with me at any time. Can I serve divorce papers on her now and what are the implications? I paid her £65000 when she left as that was the sum she asked for.
What is the current financial position of each of you?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Claire,

I am in receipt of a small teachers pension (£260 month) and pension credit. She is a freelance educational consultant but I do not know what her earnings are, she lives in a house she purchased 5 years ago with her man friend, she used the £65000 I gave her as a deposit. I live in my parents house, they are both dead now and used this as securiy to get the £65000 to give to her. I have now paid that off from money I had invested for a pension.

Chris xxxx

What capital assets do you have?
Claire