Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I have a live adoption application in court, but in crisis,

Customer Question

I have a live adoption application in court, but in crisis, the daughter we wish to adopt was removed by her L.A. Although we asked for the removal, on the day, we did not give consent but were informed that the L.A would remove her, regardless of our decidion, due to the gravity of the situation. They have confirmed that there were no child protection concerns. We understand the LA did not have the power to remove her, unless it was a CP concern, or unless with a court order. We want her returned, and the L.A are refusing. Did they have the statutory power to remove her?
Who placed the child with you?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

North Tyneside local authority, UK, and our adoption agency is West Berkshire local authority, UK.

Si the child was placed with your for Adoption by the Local Authority.
How old is the child and how long had she been in your care?
Claire