Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I need to leave my home with my four children.All my capital

Customer Question

I need to leave my home with my four children.All my capital is tied up in my present property but my salary £ 40 000 a year will only support a rental property for my family and not pay my share of the joint mortgage. I need my share of the equity in this climate to start again as I am 46. I feel trapped and can not see a way out. My youngest child is 3 and my eldest is 15. I am a teacher and have a secure job. Thank you for giving your time.
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.

Sorry, I'm not clear what exactly what question you are asking?

Tom
Why do you need to be the one who leaves?
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
How much does your spouse earn and who has been the main carer of the children until now?
Claire