13262538

Hi XXXXX came into money after being officially divorced but

Customer Question

Hi XXXXX came into money after being officially divorced but before the financial settlement, would my ex be entitled to half?

Thank you for your question, I shall do my best to assist.
Unfortunately much as I would like to give you a clear yes or no answer I cannot do do.
I can say that your ex is not automatically entitled to 50% - or indeed necessarily to anything at all BUT how it will be dealt with will in fact depend on whether the reasonable housing and income needs of any children and the other spouse can be met from the other matrimonial assets
I hope this is of assistance - but if you require and further information or clarification please let me know
Claire