13262538

I am worried about the safety of my children as there dads

Customer Question

I am worried about the safety of my children as there dads family are wanting contact nd im worried as my eldest daughter says things have happened regarding her farther and uncle
Thank you for your question
I will do my best to assist you but I do need some further information first.
How old are the children and what concerns do you have?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my children are 4half and 22months I am concernd that there farther is going to try and hurt us because I wont let him see the children the reason I wont let him see them is because of things my eldest has said and he hasent seen them in 7months and now his mother is contacting me to try and allow me to let her have the children for the day and im s worried its all part of a plan to get the children near there dad I also worry because he knows where we live

Could you explain what your child has said and what you are afraid he will do to them
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

she has said that her farther has hit and kicked her draged her in the car after chasing her and that her uncle has interfead with her im just so worred he will eather try coming round and forcing his way in or even trying to kill us I am so scaired I suffers when he lived with us he was never nice to the children

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

will it take long im going out my mind

have you reported what she has said about her Uncle to either Social Services or the Police?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes it as been reported but because she wont talk to the police there is nothing they can do and social service investigated and have said they are not to go near him but never took it to court to put anything into place

Just to check - Social Services have been involved and clearly stated that their father should not have contact with the children.
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

the farther can but not the uncle but sine then my eldest has come out with more infamation regarding her farther

Have you contacted Social Services again about that?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have about what she said but not what she told me last night

Just to check - do you trust the grandmother?
Would you be willing for her to have contact IF it could be arranged safely?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I trust her but I don't want to just let her take the children as I feal she would allow the uncle and farther to see the children I would love them to have contact with there dad just supervised so he is still in there life but not that he can hurt them

You are right to be concerned about the safety of your children - and it is to your great credit that you still wish to promote some contact with their father and his family.
You should offer contact at a local Contact Centre where you can be sure that the children are safe and can come to no harm.
You can find your local Contact Centre on the website here
www.naccc.org.uk
And you may wish to consider discussing this with your ex and his mother using Family mediation (www.familymediationhelpline.co.uk)
I hope this helps but if you need more information or clarification please do not hesitate to ask
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

would it be wise goin to see a selisitor as I did have one and we went to mediation but the mediater told me the case was to serias for mediation and would need to go to court but then I couldent get funding for the court to get a resadencie order.

Was your solicitor aware of the involvement of Social Services?
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes she was I told her everything I even phoned them and informed them after there dad ddnt return them home and that was wen the children whre under social sevices I feal more ould of been done and put in place but I just don't no what to do idid have to chage selisitor half way through as mine joined up with his and that's when things didn't seem to go as they said it would

It is certainly worth speaking to a solicitor to get some advice as soon as possible
Claire
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thank you so much I will start looking as I feal ready to talk about what he used to do to me would that be a police matter

Yes it would - you can start by speaking to the Charity Womens Aid
http://www.womensaid.org.uk/
Who can give you support
Claire