Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
12488363

I decided to move to another city without my parents, they

Customer Question

I decided to move to another city without my parents, they used to offend me and showing me that I am not worthy anything in front of my 2 years daughter. Dad is drinking each weekend and they are smoking a lot, don't want all this to my daughter, she has already health problem. The moment I have decided they started giving me troubles, threatening to go to court to establish contact with my daughter, telling that everybody who we know and other family members will go against me and say i am bad mother. I have never said they cannot come to see her. Can they get court order about it? Can they prove that I am
Not capable to look after my daughter too ?
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am ok to wait, if it is necessary. Thank you for all your efforts.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Thank you for your question I shall do my best to assist you but I need some further information in order to do so.
How long ago did you move and have your parents seen the child since then?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I haven't moved yet, going to next week. My parents live with me up to the date of moving out
Thank you for that.
How far are you moving and what contact will you be suggesting?
Claire
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

about 20 miles away. I agree for any contact, the can come to visit and i can take her ti them too.

Just to check - even though you have always lived together have you always been responsible for the care of your child or has you mother shared the care?
Claire